WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files sent from the site to the user’s terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the site at the next visit by the same user. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard disk nor transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some cookie functions may be delegated to other technologies. In this document, the term ‘cookie’ refers both to cookies, as such, and to all similar technologies.
Through cookies you can record information related to your preferences, such as browsed pages or files downloaded from our site or other similar actions performed by browsing our site.
FIRST OR THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
Cookies can be either first or third party, where “first party” means cookies developed by the owner of the site, while “third party” means cookies developed by third parties with respect to the Owner of the site.
NATURE OF COOKIES
With regard to the nature of cookies, there are several types:
- Technical cookies
Technical cookies are used for the sole purpose of “transmitting a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the contracting party or user to provide that service“ (see Article 122, paragraph 1, of the Code).
They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or operator of the website. They can be divided into:
– navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the proper functioning of the site;
– analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site, in order to improve the performance of the site;
– functional cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same. For the installation of these cookies the prior consent of users is not required (for more information see the paragraph Cookie management below).
- Profiling cookies
Profiling cookies, used to bring back to specific, identified or identifiable subjects, specific actions or behavioral patterns recurring in the use of the functions offered (pattern) in order to group the different profiles within homogeneous clusters of different size, so that it is also possible for the owner to modulate the provision of the service in an increasingly personalized way beyond what is strictly necessary, as well as to send targeted advertising messages, i.e. in line with the preferences expressed by the user in the context of web browsing.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site does not have direct control of individual cookies and cannot control them (it can neither install them directly nor delete them). You can still manage these cookies through your browser settings (follow the instructions below), or the sites listed in the “Acceptance and waiver of cookies” section.
The User is therefore invited to check on the website of the third party indicated below.
COOKIES INSTALLED ON THIS SITE
Here is the list of the site’s cookies:
|Name of the cookie||Purpose||Legal basis||First or third party||Retention||Web reference|
|Google Analytics||Used by Google Analytics to collect information on interactions with the site in an anonymous and aggregate form||Third party||https://www.google.com/analytics/|
|Cookie Notice Accepted||Used by the Cookie Notice plugin to collect consent on the acceptance of cookies||First party||https://eng.orticolario.it|
|YouTube||Used by YouTube to collect information for optimization of its advertising||Third party||https://www.youtube.com/|
DURATION OF COOKIES
Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiration date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
– temporary or session (session cookies): they are used to store temporary information, they allow to link the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
– permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, for example the login name and password, in order to avoid the user having to type them again each time he/she visits a specific site. These remain stored on your computer even after you close the browser.
Once the connection to this website is terminated, the so-called session cookies are not stored. The computer systems used for this site use temporary cookies and permanent cookies.
ACCEPTANCE AND RENUNCIATION OF COOKIES
User consent is not required for the installation of technical and analytical cookies.
Profiling cookies or other tracking tools, on the other hand, can only be used if the user has given his consent after being informed.
This site uses a banner that allows those who wish to express their consent.
If you wish, you can also manage cookies directly through your browser settings.
However, deleting the cookies from the browser could remove the preferences you have set for this site, so it would be advisable for you to periodically visit this page to double-check your choices.