WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files sent from the site to the user’s terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the site at the next visit by the same user. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard disk nor transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some cookie functions may be delegated to other technologies. In this document, the term ‘cookie’ refers both to cookies, as such, and to all similar technologies.
Through cookies you can record information related to your preferences, such as browsed pages or files downloaded from our site or other similar actions performed by browsing our site.
FIRST OR THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
Cookies can be either first or third party, where “first party” means cookies developed by the owner of the site, while “third party” means cookies developed by third parties with respect to the Owner of the site.
NATURE OF COOKIES
With regard to the nature of cookies, there are several types:
- Technical cookies
Technical cookies are used for the sole purpose of “transmitting a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide that service“ (see Article 122, paragraph 1, of the Code).
They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or operator of the website. They can be divided into:
– navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the proper functioning of the site;
– analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site, in order to improve the performance of the site;
– functional cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same. For the installation of these cookies the prior consent of users is not required (for more information see the paragraph Cookie management below).
- Profiling cookies
Profiling cookies are designed to create profiles related to the user and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences he/she expressed during web browsing.
The consent of the subject is required for the use of profiling cookies. According to the provision n. 229 of 8 May 2014, the user must be able to authorize or refuse consent to install profiling cookies if they are present.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site does not have direct control of individual cookies and cannot control them (it can neither install them directly nor delete them). You can still manage these cookies through your browser settings (follow the instructions below), or the sites listed in the “Cookie Management” section.
The User is therefore invited to check on the website of the third party indicated below.
COOKIES INSTALLED ON THIS SITE
Here is the list of the site’s cookies (please ask the site operator):
|Name of the cookie||Purpose||First or third party||Web reference|
|Google Tag Manager||Used by Google to collect information on interactions with the site in an anonymous and aggregate form||Third part||https://marketingplatform.google.com|
|Cookie Notice Accepted||Used by the Cookie Notice plugin to collect consent on the acceptance of cookie||First party||https://eng.orticolario.it|
|YouTube||Used by YouTube to collect information for optimization of its advertising||Third party||https://www.youtube.com|
DURATION OF COOKIES
Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiration date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
– temporary or session (session cookies): they are used to store temporary information, they allow to link the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
– permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, for example the login name and password, in order to avoid the user having to type them again each time he/she visits a specific site. These remain stored on your computer even after you close the browser.
Once the connection to this website is terminated, the so-called session cookies are not stored. The computer systems used for this site use temporary cookies and permanent cookies (to be completed – please ask the site operator).
MANAGEMENT OF COOKIES
You can disable cookies on websites by downloading special software such as Ghostery (https://www.ghostery.com) for your browser and disabling the use of individual cookies. Or you can activate the “anonymous browsing” mode, that is a function allowing you to browse without leaving a trace in the browser of navigation data. This function only allows you not to keep browsing data in the browser.
Alternatively, you can disable/delete cookies by accessing the configuration panel of your browser.
ACCEPTANCE AND RENUNCIATION OF COOKIES